ABC SMALL ORDER HANDLING FEE
Dear valued customers and friends,
As you know, the team at American Building Components is continually looking to improve the experience you have when you do business with us. This starts with using your feedback to optimize our processes to better serve you and your customers.
You’ve let us know that the ‘Light Drop Fee’ and associated process has caused delays in your material shipments and created bottlenecks for you and your businesses. To improve our response times and provide clarity on each ABC order you place, we’ve simplified and standardized our “light order/light drop” policy as detailed below.
The $50 ‘Light Drop Fee’ will be replaced with the $5 ‘Small Order Handling Fee’.
What this means for you: Every order totaling less than $250 will incur a $5 ‘Small Order Handling Fee’. The previously-charged $50 ‘Light Drop Fee’ will no longer be incurred.
This new process will prevent:
- Last-minute calls from our team asking you to add product/weight to your order to avoid the $50 ‘Light Drop Fee’
- Unforeseen charges that can’t be passed down to your customers
- Unwanted changes in your delivery schedule
- Held shipments waiting to meet the former weight minimum to avoid fees
Overall, this will help ensure you get the material you need when you need it without unexpected cost and delays.
Small Order Fee Exclusions:
This fee will not apply to:
- Replacement orders
- Add-ons to an existing order that are booked under a separate order number, but ship with original order
- FedEx or LTL shipments (follow current freight-costing policy)
- Orders totaling more than $250
We understand that this may necessitate adjustments to the way you do business and welcome the opportunity to work with you through any questions as they arise. In addition, we will continue to monitor the implications of this new process to ensure your satisfaction.
Please reach out to your local ABC representative with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your continued partnership with ABC.
ABC RETURN POLICY
Dear Valued Customers,
We know that sometimes, material needs to be returned to us and want to make every effort to help you do so in a way that is fair and equitable. To clarify and streamline our policy regarding concessions in the form of returns and credits, American Building Components (ABC) has updated our return policy to reflect the guidelines detailed below.
- Customer Concession Returns arising from orders placed in error, leftover material from completed projects, cancelled orders/projects, etc. will incur a restocking fee equal to 25 percent (%) of the original invoiced price or $75 minimum, whichever is greater.
- Only ABC stock items will be considered eligible for return. Not all items available to order from ABC are stock items as most panels and trims are custom-manufactured per order. Please reference the table below for typically-stocked items eligible for return.
- Returns must be received back to the ABC facility in prime/resalable condition. The ABC manufacturing team will inspect material and complete the appropriate receiving ticket, which is returned to the inside sales coordinator. Any material that is beyond resalable condition will not be credited and not returned to inventory.
- Material past 60 days of invoice should not be returned without prior approval. Prior to initiating the return of material, you must provide the original order or invoice number on which the material was purchased to your ABC Inside Sales Coordinator. who will advise next steps.
- ABC will not to go out of route to pick up material. Return material will be picked up from you in conjunction with your next available delivery from ABC.
- If you prefer, you may send back material via UPS or FedEx, but must have a copy of the original order and/or RGA form packaged with the material. You are responsible for the freight charges in this instance.
- The ABC shipping department will contact you to confirm that return material will be picked up at the same time and location as a scheduled delivery is made. You should ensure that the return material will be available for pick-up at the designated delivery date, location and time. If the material cannot be scheduled for pick-up within three attempts of contacting you, the credit will be cancelled.
- Drivers will not accept returns without receipt of an RGA form. The driver will always sign and date the RGA form even if the material is not available for return. For successful pick-ups, the driver will note the condition of material and/or packing at the time it is loaded on the truck on the RGA form.
*Not all ABC Plants stock the same items. Some may not stock all items listed below, while others may stock additional items.
|ABC PART #||DESCRIPTION|
|LG126 (A&B)||DOOR POST|
|ROLL VALLEY||20-3/16″ or FLAT SHEETS|
|LG161||5K GUTTER AND ASSOCIATED ACCESSORIES|
|T1-T22||PLYCO SLIDING DOOR PARTS|
|#8, #18, #13, #14, #17A, #4A||STOCK SCREWS|
|HW505, HW507, HW504, ETC.||TAPE SEAL|
|HW1566, HW1689, ETC.||LIGHT TRANSMITTING PANELS & RIDGELIGHTS|
|1-1/4 CORRUGATED||STOCK LENGTHS ONLY (8′-16′)|
* Panels and buy-out items such as special-order screws, DBCI doors, Cupolas, Ridge Vents, etc. are not to be returned without ABC approval.
We understand that this may necessitate adjustments to the way you do business and welcome the opportunity to work with you through any returns as they arise to ensure your satisfaction. Please reach out to your local ABC representative with any questions or concerns.